Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Just when you thought you weren't looking THAT different...

So this evening I joined Kristen and her family to cheer on her youngest son in a basketball game.  We were sitting in the bleachers and one of his team mates walked in with his family.  This is a family I've known for a couple of years know and have seen enough over the past two years that they should know who I was.  The boy and his family walked in and his mom said hi to Kristen and kind of nodded at me.  About 10 minutes later, she tapped me on the shoulder and said "Oh my GOD!  I didn't even recognized you!"  TOTALLY made my day!  So, you see, sometimes you are feeling, as my former WW meeting leader, Nicole would say, "FLUFFY."  That's me right now, feeling fluffy, but nothing makes you feel any better when said fluffiness comes along and someone doesn't recognize you!

The first time this happened to me was at a wedding on New Year's Eve.  I was standing next to the former cafeteria director talking with him about my husband, the DJ.  (Mind you, this is a person I spoke with and saw every school day for 2 years!)  He actually looked me in the eye and asked "what happened to Liz?"  I looked at him and said: "you mean, ME?!"  He almost fell over.  I guess when you don't see someone for six months and they are used to seeing you at 223 lbs, to see the same person 6 months later at 191 lbs. made a big difference! 

These power boosts to the ego are what Nicole used to refer to as "off the scale victories!"  So, on the eve before I step on the scale for the first time since my mulligan, I had a GREAT off the scale victory!  Wish me luck tomorrow, fingers crossed! 



 Remember what I looked like 7 months after having Dillon-
not too different from my starting WW weight!
And here I am on New Year's Eve!
(2nd from the right)

No comments:

Post a Comment