Monday, November 22, 2010

The Countdown to the Holidays is at 3!

3 days until Thanksgiving- can you believe it?!  Where has this year gone?  Well, I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about the holidays and all that the constant parade of parties, goodies, and things has to add to my waist!  The worst part is parties where there is just food out all the time, a piece of cheese and a cracker as you walk by, 1 little truffle out of the open Russel Stover's box.  A cookie fresh out of the oven because you happen to be in the kitchen as the host or hostess are pulling them out!  Oh the calories can really add up if you're not at a sit-down dinner type party! 

I myself am guilty!  The local Christmas parade goes right in front of our house on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  So we have invited a long list of friends and family to a "Razzle Dazzle Potluck Dinner."  Friends, family, food, and fun.  Yup, that pretty much sums up the holiday season!  So, we are getting it in all in one night all at once!  It should be fun, and hopefully a good practice on my own turf for these parties we will ineveitably be invited to attend.

I am waiting to see what other guests plan to bring before adding in some of my own healthy additions!  So, here's to the holidays, let the merriment begin!

2 comments:

  1. You have proven yourself to be a strong women Liz, I have no doubts that you will do great during all the holidays! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete