Saturday, November 20, 2010

Date Night

Again, an apology for being so lax!  It's a sign of the holiday's arrival!  Busy, busy, busy!  However, I am still going to Curves everyday with Kristen (the 6 days a week that it's open).  Although I did not lose on the scale again this week, I did lose inches which means I am toning my body!  The only place I did not lose this week was my thighs.  But in my arms I lost another 1/4 ", a 1/4" in my bust (YEA!!!), a 1/2" in my hips and in my waist!  She can punch me later for posting this if she reads it, but I'm so proud of all of Kristen's hard work!  This week she lost       1 1/4" in her waist!!!  All those extra sit-ups and rounds on the ab machines are really working!  So, you go girl!!!

Tonight Steve and I are going on a date!  We are going to see the new Harry Potter movie!  I am the first to admit that to me popcorn at the movies is a BIG must for me, but it's not really the healthiest choices for me either.  So tonight I am going to get the smallest bag of popcorn they have- so that I can say I had some, but I will forego the butter (sigh).  That way, Steve can still get what he wants!  But, it's a 2 1/2 hour movie, so needless to say there's A LOT of time to be tempted to reach into his popcorn, so in my purse (shhhh!  don't tell!) I am also bringing 2 bottles of water and a bag of baby carrots and a 100 callorie pack of Crasins!  Men may laugh at the big purses, but they cannot sneak anything into the movies!  I once snuck an entire coffee coolatta into the theatres!  Yes, I love me a big purse!

So, for me, having a plan for this evening is key!  My friend Nicole is coming to watch Dillon, so before we leave, I am making a grilled chicken and farfalle cooking light recipe- healthy and filling, so that when we get to the theatre it is less likely that I will make an impulse buy of something less than healthy because I will already be full of healthy, filling, dinner!  Additionally, I have decided what to sneak in to snack on!  AND I am not omitting the expereice of popcorn and a movie, but I have planned out what I will have so that I can stick to it!

In situations such as this, when I would have previously gone for an enormous popcorn with lots of that fake, crappy butter and lots of salty goodness topped off with a big ...  it is so important for me to make a plan before I leave. 

Wednesday night we went to friendly's for a quick dinner and although all of those burgers and bacon were calling my name, I went for a salad with grilled chicken, not the crispy, and I asked for them to not put on the bleu cheese, light balsamic vinegarette on the side please and thank you.  Was it what appealed to me when I was confronted with a menu full of yummy meltded cheese and bacon?  Not truthfully, but I made a plan before we got there that I would get a salad.  The planning ahead made me not feel so bad for getting a thin-crust personal pizza at a restaurant last night where we met up with some friends we hadn't seen in almost 6 months. 

Picking and choosing and planning.  It is the best way for me to stay on track!

Happy Saturday night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment